Thursday, January 19, 2012

No Real Plan

I found a couple of cute pics of my little boy that i had neglected to scrap and really wanted to use the Scraplet Bubble Tree and the Nested Squares because they are so cute. I started my layout with no particular plan and just kept adding until i was happy .. so here is my process.

Picture1

Step 1 – Using Kraft 12 x 12 cardstock and the A2Z Scraplet Nested Squares – take the negative one … i used the 4th one in from the outer edge… glue that down

Step 2 – I decided to add some tissue paper over the right side of the frame for some texture, then slapped on some color… lovely pale blue. I used my foam brush to get the great edge marks at the top.

3 wl IMG_2568 copy4 wl IMG_2571 copy

Step 3 – Add more color and texture… a darker blue was added with some bubble wrap - looks stunning.

Step 4 –Maybe a little more color is needed… some beautiful Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Electric Blue sprayed at the top and at the bottom of the layout. I also drew a black frame around the edge of the Scraplet …. Then i decided to use a little gesso on the edges of my page and the frame.

Picture3

Step 5 – I did not like that much so i decided to go all out and do a quick paint over with my foam brush and some white paint… its looking better …. I love how the paint is seeping through the white wash.

Step 6 –Now it was time for some printed paper… some cute little boy paper for this layout.

7 wl IMG_2576 copy8 wl IMG_2577 copy

Step 7 – A litel more white wash was added to tone down the paper… and i added some spotty paper too because layouts look great with spots especially little people layouts.

Step 8 – Onto a little inking to age the layout and to give it some warmth… I used a kaisercraft brown ink over the edges of the frame and around the edges of the layout.

9 wl IMG_2578 copy10 wl IMG_2583 copy

Step 9 – Time to add a little more color. Orange is a great color to compliment this layout… so i had some leftovers from other layouts laying around and added them in different spots and then found some cute old fashioned Snap playing cards… lovely….

Step 10 – OH and i best not forget some sewing … i love sewing … it helps add to the feel of a piece i think .. shows care and love… I have also added some little square glass tiles that i painted to the layout these were added at the top and the bottom - alternate corners.

11 ws IMG_2569 copy copy12 wl IMG_2574 copy (2)

Step 11 – I love this Scraplet Tree of Bubbles… it has to go on this layout.. its fun and whimsical… I used Keepsake Colors by Plaid to paint this.. i love the pearly white look it has given to the tree.

Step 12 - I have not totally covered the tree with paint as i wanted to add more colors using my chalks. I used a red for the tree and a green for the trunk… i needed to add the red to enhance his rosey red cheeks shown in the photo.

13 wl IMG_2585 copy 14 wl IMG_2587 copy

Step 13 – I used foam dots to give the tree extra height on my page

Step 14 – I had a few rub-ons and decided that they would be perfect for this lalyout and i have also added a little brown tag near the ball


16 wl IMG_2601 copy

Step 15 – A cute little title via the dymo machine - "Happy Little Vegemite"

Step 16 – All done - another cute layout for my sons album

I hope you have enjoyed the process of putting together this layout with me. I love that there are no rules to creating and if you are not happy with your layout that you can build on it and nothing is wasted.

Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment