Thursday, March 7, 2013

My take on the SUMMER theme challenge

Yay the weekend is nearly here and that means more scrapping time (in between voting here in Western Australia). After a week of trying to get this layout finished for the challenge ITS FINISHED!!!! Yay me lol.

Now remembering that the March Challenge is the theme: SUMMER and it can be either/both a summer photo and colours......... well here is my layout


As you can see the layout IS about summer with a beach theme and photo but it turned out....vintage??? Well not bright and summer colours. But hey, you gotta go with the flow.

Now for some close ups:


Isn't that fence just AWESOME!!! I used some new Tim Holtzs paint distress stain, distress ink stain on top of that THEN I sprayed a little glimmer mist. The crab I used Viva inka-gold, Lava red. All you do is rub it on. Its a bit like shoe polish.




Did not know at first if this was the right title for the style of layout. But with a bit of paint and mixing colours it fitted perfect.

The chipboard I used was:






Well I hope this inspires you to join the challenge, would love to see your take on it. It ends at the end of the month at midnight, you don't need to use A2Z Scraplets but of course would love to see you use them if you have them.

Thanks for looking

Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment