Sunday, January 25, 2015

Who's got a cat???

If you've got a cat that likes to join you when you craft you'll understand this post. Like a good paper crafter I had the vision of putting my papers in some sort of logical order. This required the entire floor area of the living room. So if you can imagine, sifting through, finding and sorting them into the desirable order with one very adventurous and curious cat present. Running around, shooting in and out of the paper holders, skidding them across the floor - how good is it to be a cat!

The title, 'I'm hunting paper' seemed quite apt.


 This was a fun page to do and full of mischief. The title was simple painted with distress paints, left to dry and outlined with a black pen. I don't have a steady hand for doodling but then again, it's my hand and that fact will pass on to the future generations who look through the pages of my albums. Never let what you might think is a flaw stop you from exploring a technique. It's your style, your character and not a flaw.


 The background was fun to do too. I used a stencil and traced around it in black. I then used Glimmer Glaze to 'colour' inside the shapes. This turned out to be a pretty cool 'texture' on the page. Again using Gimmer Glaze in a contrasting colour, I flicked some off the brush onto the page leaving a light spattering across the stenciled area.


Material used:
Pebbles papers
A2Z Scraplets
Outline pen
Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze
Handmade fabric flower
Bella Journal card
Smash paper clip

There are an unlimited number of ways to decorate chipboard. Would you like to see more techniques shown step by step?

Until next time
Happy Scrapping 
Deb


No comments:

Post a Comment