Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Cards with Dies and A2Z Scraplets

Hello Everybody,

It is Teddy (if you don't know Teddy, he is sidekick,  creative advisor and world renowned character, ask if you need more info on him) and Lauren here on the blog today for the A2Z Scraplet DT, how good is that? And you ask what has she got for us today?  Well a real treat I am hoping!!

So I made a card with some dies!!





Today it is a 5"x5" square card with a front panel embossed with a Sizzix Embossing Folder in a beautiful Paris theme.  The usual ribbon treatment and bow, (my trademark I am told).  I also cut a border and doily from Kaiser Dies, Lacey Border and the matching doily.  When I cut detail dies I use baking paper to make them easy to get the die cut out of the die.  I keep the die cut baking paper for other uses.  I have also used Memory Box Isabella Butterfly and Pippi Butterfly for the cute little butterfly at the top right of the cars.  Also  Memory Box Sketchy Rings and Memory Box Petal Party to make three of the flowers.  All pieces are lightly edged with ink before assembly for definition and depth.





Just a close up of the inking on the embossing and all pieces, the flowers and edges of the card itself.  To finish off all flowers have been touched with Ranger Ice Stickles Chrystal Ice, because I can and I like it.




A close up to show the layering effect of the pieces used on the card.  Also the textures given by layers, embossing and inking.


So after that, I made you another card, this one with a chippie piece on it.  Love chippies



Oh I love getting some Christmas Cards made early and the little trees from A2Z Scraplets are just perfect for quick card making.  Oh remember I told you that I keep the baking paper from the die cutting?  Well I have used that on here as a stencil, see it there on the middle to left of the card, where I have lightly inked??? How clever is that??  Makes it look like I have a doily right there on the card.




Now to how I have coloured the chippie tree.  It is such a pretty shape this one, I love it.  Christmas Tree 4  So easy to decorate too.  I have used Stampendous Embossing Powder Shabby Green.  This is brilliant embossing powder (EP), but you need to throw out the window some of the things you usually do with EP.... this stuff is filled with different sized textured bits, from embossing powder to glitter and you need to heat from UNDER the item, because otherwise you lose half the goodies.  I am still learning and making mistakes doing it, but it can be done.  I kept losing the green bits in it, so I topped up with Ranger Distress EP in Peeled Paint to get the rich green on the tree.






There it is in close up, that lovely doily image from the baking paper.  Oh and the pretty tree too of course.  Now don't forget that if I use something that I name that is not in the shop, then you can contact us to get it for you and I am sure our great leader will do the very best possible to do it for you!!

Well I have had great fun here today, thanks for having a look, hope you like what I have on offer today.

Hugs

Lauren


1 comment: