Monday, June 18, 2018

Art Journal by Brenda Caldow

Hello and welcome to A2Z Scraplets, Brenda here with you today to share my journal pages with you and the fantastic chipboard I have used from the A2Z Scraplets Store. 


I love getting messy these days and when doing this background and the chipboards I sure did get messy. Paint, baby wipes, ink, stencils ink, stamps and so much more = messy fun. 
Stamping flowers, cutting them out and colouring them with Distress Crayons along with rub-ons are some more of the things that have made the background.
 



To start my phrase I coloured it with a paint pen. If you don't have them you can use normal acrylic pain in any brand to get the same effect. 


I then painted over the top of the words with Pebco Studio Acrylic High Viscosity Iridescent paint. I just love this paint is it has a beautiful shine to it when it dries, a bit peal like in the finish.


I painted the stars with a purple paint pen (again you can use any acrylic paint.) Once this was dry I then applied Perfect Pearls with my water brush.


To do the dandelions I did the same as the phrase and painted it first. The head with white and the stem with aqua. On the stem I used the Pebco Studio Acrylic Paint and the head of the dandelion I used some Platinum Inka Gold and as always applied it with my finger. 


Once this was done I applied some glue stick to the head and then give it a very thick coat of Tinby Designs Metallic Melts. Once I have applied it thickly I know it has taken to the glue well. I gently shake off the access onto the white paper and return it to the container. 


The reason I use the  glue stick is because I love the effect when it is heated with the heat gun. It appears to look thick and bubbly in spots. To have separated. It makes it look different to the normal. You can see it doing it here as I melt it with my heat gun.
 

  
This is it a little closer up. I love the difference in the effect by using a glue stick. I just use the good old Bostick in the blue, only because I can see better on a lot of surfaces where it is.
 


for the little birds I used the same acrylic paint as the dandelion stems but this time I chose to go over the top with Perfect pearls and then used a Yellow Paint Pen to finish off the beak. 
 

I hope you have enjoyed popping in and seeing my journal. If you keep scrolling down you will see some other great creations from the design team. Call back each day is w always make sure there is something new from one of us for you to see. 

Also hop on over to the A2Z Scraplets Facebook page and join in this months challenge with us. This month is all about celebrations and we would love to  see your creation and you never know you just might be this months lucky winner. You have to be in it to win it. 

Happy Crafting xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment