Monday, October 1, 2018

Family by Brenda Caldow

Hello crafty friends and welcome to the blog today, Brenda here with you to share my latest page using two wonderful chippies which I have used together and made one from them. 
This months challenge is a little different to the mood boards you normally see here. This one is a sketch. Originally it was going to also include the colour BUT you no longer need to worry about that you just need to use the sketch.
For my page I chose to use the colour but you will see by the rest of the Design Team you don't have to so please join in with us and have some fun, you never know you might be our lucky winner this month and I know you will love the prize. 
Anyway on with my page.


The photo I have chose is a family photo of my mum when she was a very young girl. She is the eldest child in the family. My mum in at the back on the left. There is one brother missing as he wasn't born yet.



  

To create my plaque I first covered it with Viva Croco Crackling Colour and because I'm not a very patient person I dried it with my heat gun. Once it was dry I then used some of the Kaisercraft Acrylic Paint and very lightly rubbed it over the whole thing. A little later which you can't see in this photo I did the same thing again but use a little Dylusions white. I think the two colors together give it a little more depth.




To do my word family I firstly coloured it with a brown Copic. I then used my embossing ink and put it not all over but here and there patchy. I did this three times heating between each process while using two embossing powders and Distress Powder by Ranger (which I love) to get my final result.



I hope you like my page and please keep scrolling to see beautiful creations from the rest of the Design Team and how they have created their chippies.
Since I'm lucky enough to be posting first this month the new challenge I hope I have inspired you a little to hop on over to our Facebook page and join in the fun with us. All of us would love to see your take on the sketch.
Happy Crafting XXX

 









No comments:

Post a Comment