Monday, March 12, 2012

Cruising with A2Z Scraplets!

Hi everyone! Amy here with another blog post and some more fabulous Scraplets to share! When I received this fabulous Cruise Title Chipboard in my Design Team pack, I instantly thought of my lovely Aunty Caterina and the fact that she had literally just got home from a Cruise herself. So I gave her a call and she was delighted to let me complete a layout for her using some of her photos from her Cruise because sadly, I have never been on a cruise :( but I do plan on going one day.

Here are the Scraplets I have used on this double layout and you can click the images to view them on A2Z Scraplets website



I was hoping to create a little tutorial for this Double Layout but unfortunately did not get it done so I will try to explain how I have decorated these fabulous scraplets and show you lots of close ups!


Firstly I have created this Double Layout using one of the Double Layout Sketches from PageMaps www.pagemaps.com and the paper collection I have used it the new My Minds Eye Caroline Collection.


This gorgeous A2Z Scraplet Palm Tree has been coated with Perfect Pearls. The Colours used are Forever Green, Sunflower Sparkle and Perfect Bronze. I simply adore using Perfect Pearls Powders and if you have not tried them you simply must as they are fabulous on Chipboard and so many other applications!

 

Lots of close ups for you to see the Perfect Pearls on different angles in the light :)


This fabulous Cruise Title Chipboard has a few layers of awesomeness but was a very simple process! All you have to do for this effect is firstly cover your chipboard with some White Gesso Primer and set aside to dry properly. Next you can use any form of water colour paints and I prefer WaterColour Pencils as they are easier to work with most of the time. I chose 4 different shades of Sea Greeny Blue colours. Using the 4 pencils I coloured in 4 lines across the chipboard with the darkest at the bottom and the lightest at the top. I then used small amounts of water on my paint brush and activated the paint starting from top to bottom and washing my brush regularly so the darker shades did not blend upwards as I only wanted the lighter shades to blend downwards. Was very quick and easy and I quickly added a coat of Glossy Accents and set it aside to dry again. When that was dry, the final stage was adding some Glimmer, because I simply cannot go past adding Glimmer to absolutely everything LOL. I have used Sea Glass Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels. I chose this colour Glimmer Mist simply because it is the most transparent Blue Colour I own.  I tried really hard to only spray the bottom of the title and ship so that the blue glimmer was only on the bottom and the effect is incredible especially on the ship as it looks like waves crashing up. 


And a couple of closeups to see that magical Glimmer and those gorgeous details on the ship. For the Ship I also used my watercolour pencils but in 4 different shades of Grey and Silver and using randomly drawn lines up and down the ships body. The Windows etc are also watercoloured.






Lastly a quick closeup of some other pretty details on the layout.


Well that is it from me today but be sure to checkout our monthly challenge and be in the running a fabulous prize pack full of Chipboard goodness thanks to Julie at A2Z Scraplets so head on over and checkout this fabulous sketch!!!! Click here to see the sketch and enter. Entries close 31st March and we are already at the 12th March with only 1 entry so chances are looking good!

Until Next time, happy scrapping!

Amy Prior xx

No comments:

Post a Comment