Sunday, March 11, 2012

Special Memories

 Hi everyone! Amy here to share with you one of the fabulous Corner Words available from A2Z Scraplets.

First up is a layout I have created using a photo of my beautiful girl Mia on her first day of Kindergarten this year. I think this is most definately a special moment, when a child first starts school and I really wanted to create some special layouts to remember this first day. To my surprise, the school sent Mia home with this photo one day and I eagerly sat down and got ready to scrap!

I have used the new My Minds Eye Caroline Collection as well as Studio Calico paper.


I have done lots of sewing and distressing on this layout and it has come up a treat! Distressing has been a favourite technique of mine for a long time but I am certain sewing is becoming a very strong competitor lately as I seem to do so much more than I used to. 


Here we have a closeup of that gorgeous Chipboard Title from A2Z Scraplets. For this title I have simply coated it with my Distress Stickles in colours Faded Jeans, Frayed Burlap, Fired Brick & Peeled Paint. I love how the Stickles have dried and contracted towards the centre of the chipboard leaving the edges of raw chipboard exposed. I think it gives a really nice added touch that I never meant to do hehehehe. Always great when that happens! The finishing touch was a rhinestone again from the My Minds Eye Caroline Collection.


Here you can see a closeup of some more sewing and these gorgeous papers up close.


This gorgeous natural twine was also from the My Minds Eye Caroline Collection and checkout that sewing on the photo! Eeeeekkk a year ago I would have been too scared to do that but I am so glad I did try it as I love the effect and I will definately do it again and again in the future! And again loving the closeup of that gorgeous scraplet! 



So be sure to head on into your Local Scrapbook Shop or shop online to get some of these fabulous Corner Words from A2Z Scraplets. They are so unique and add so much to a page PLUS you can even cut them into seperate words using your craft knife if you wanted! Thanks for reading along and until next time, happy scrapping!

Amy Prior xx

No comments:

Post a Comment