Thursday, June 28, 2012

Layout Shares with Holly

Hey there everyone,

In May I was lucky enough to attend my first ever Scrapbooking Retreat. At the time I was worried I would not be able to enjoy myself thanks to the not so joyful side of early pregnancy. It was such a relief that my symptoms disappeared for what seemed to be a magical weekend of scrapping!

I did most of my June release layouts for A2Z at the retreat, along with several other layouts. I am one of the slowest scrappers I know normally. But I managed 13 layouts that weekend, and was able to learn a couple of new tricks and techniques and meet some wonderful people. For those of you who have not yet had the pleasure of going to a scrap retreat, I highly recommend it. Imagine a weekend of doing what you love most, uninterupted, with someone there to cook and clean up after you. Pretty awesome!

Here are some of the A2Z layouts I created at the retreat, including a mix of new releases and some of the older A2Z pieces I had in my stash:




One of the hardest things when going to a scrap retreat is trying to work out what to take. Some great advice I was given before going was to create your own co-ordinating kits to take along from your stash. I did exactly this, taking certain collections along, with co-ordinating embellishments and lots of basics, such as cardstock, inks, chipboard, flowers, twine, etc. This worked really well.

Lucky enough I'm off to another retreat in August now that I'm hooked... and because it might be a while before I get another chance with a baby on the way in December :)

Holly x

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I was happy to read that your early pregnancy issues went away so that you could let loose with the scrapping! I am shocked at how many you got done, they are all impressive. I do have to say my favorite is the "positive" one. Congrats, I really hope the pregnancy treats you well and you bring a healthy baby to the world!

    I would love to go on a retreat but I am so scared I would hit a block and not be able to create :)

    ReplyDelete