Monday, April 29, 2013

First Day of School

Hi there fellow crafters.  Sam here with you today for a share.  This year I have had my youngest child start Prep and it has been a very exciting year so far.  I was very excited on the first day of school because my daughter is just so little that she looks very cute in her uniform and she is the littlest in her class.  I finally got around to printing out photos of her first day and the A2Z Scraplet "First day of School" was the perfect addition to my layout.
 
I must admit I agonised over this layout and how to do it.  In the end I was inspired by a very talented friend of mine and I decided to do a take on one of her layouts that I loved (obviously after checking with her first).  I must say that I am very impressed with how it has turned out.
 
 
 

I just love how this scraplet turned out.  I first coloured the whole thing in with distress ink pad "chipped sapphire" I then dry brushed some yellow paint over it in places and then finished off with a coat of glossy accents for a shiny effect.  I was very impressed with how it turned out and worked with the layout.
 
 
I actually made my own flowers this time using the Tim Holtz - Tattered Florals die which I absolutely love.  It was fun making these flowers as I had a very special little helper and had my miss 5 helping me put them through the big shot which she thought was just great (my children are not allowed in my craft room, yes mean I know, I do crafts with them, they just don't usually involve MY stuff).  I then added a little bling & some chain.
 
I actually love how this layout turned out as I was not sure at first because I generally like to use a lot more embellishments.

 
That is it from me for now so until next time I hope you have heaps of fun creating.  Don't forget to check out our monthly challenge and check back regularly for more wonderful creations from the design team.
Have a great day :)
Sam

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous LO!
    Love how you used the chipboard on your LO!

    ReplyDelete