Monday, May 20, 2013

Mirror Mirror on the wall...

Good morning, good day and good night everybody!
 Amy here to share a fabulous off the page project that I recently created using some fabulous A2Z Scraplets Chipboard pieces. Did you know A2Z Scraplets sells retail now and at crazy affordable prices? Seriously click here to go shopping after you read my post of course LOL.

My neice's birthday party was yesterday and unfortunately I had completely forgotten about it until Saturday afternoon. In all fairness, my whole family has been sick for over a week AND I held a huge Alice in Wonderland Themed Birthday party joint for me and my daughter on Saturday so I have been seriously preoccupied. Anywho, I was out of funds and out of time and all I could do was make some fabulous gifts for her to enjoy. 


I had this fabulous giant Kaisercraft Mirror that I have literally been hoarding for about 3 years. I just knew it would be perfect especially because my brother and his partner are just about to buy their first home and will be able to decorate to their hearts content (as opposed to rentals where it seems you aren't allowd to put a nail in the wall anywhere).


To start off this creation, I wanted to add lots of different texture. To create the texture, I have added random strips of masking tape, some gel medium that I have swirled a pattern into, as well as 2 A2Z Scraplets Floralette 4 Flourishes. I turned one around so they are mirrored on either side and adhered with some Gel Medium. 


The next step was some pretty lace around the inside of the frame and followed by a couple of coats of Gesso to prime my surface. I used a really thin Gesso because I didn't want to lose my texture but because it was thin, I needed a couple of layers.


Because I was short for time, I have heat dried with my heat tool in between each and every step. I literally created this and one other project in less than 3 hours which is great because I am impatient! The next step was to spray lots of beautiful coloured sprays over the surface. I went with a mixture of Pink, Yellow, Blue & Purple and used a variation of Dylusions Ink Sprays, Lindys Stampgang Starburst Sprays as well as some Glimmer Mists. I didn't want the colours to mud up too much but blend a tad so I have only sprayed 1 colour at a time in random spots and then heat dried, then repeat etc etc.


Again I have heat set all that beautiful colour when I was happy and I then wanted to highlight the beautiful texture and detail but it in a subtle and pretty way. I decided to mix some Texture Paste with White Acrylic Paint and then, using my finger, I have highlighted all the raised areas including the chipboard, lace and along the edges of the entire mirror. I added some green Liquid Pearls to the leaves on my chipboard to bring them out a little and to add some more green to the mix. 


The final additions were lots of beautiful Prima Marketing Flowers shabbied up using my finger and paint/texture paste mix just on the tips of the flowers. 

The result was really breathtaking and I was so proud that I got both this and another amazing gift completed  in such a short time for my niece. Luckily I have a box here of cards already made because I forgot to make a card in my creative session LOL. Anywho, I will be back in a few days time to share the second fabulous Off the Page Project that I made for my beautiful Neice. This time, a treasure box! 

To view and purchase the A2Z Scraplets Floralette 04 Chipboard Flourish click here or on the image below. 


Don't forget to check out this month's colour challenge post here and tune in in a few days time to see the next handmade gift for my darling niece. Until next time, happy scrapping!
Amy Prior xx

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous & love all the details!
    IKWYM I have a flower shaped mirror I bought a year ago one day I plan on creating with it!

    ReplyDelete