Thursday, May 9, 2013

Using a Flourish Stencil a little differently

Hello on this wet and chilly day in the north of W.A. If you are having weather like me and need something to do then hopefully this post will inspire you to create.

As soon as A2Z release their stencil range I went and brought every single one. But even when you have soooo many stencils there is one that you need for a layout......or maybe you just need to think outside the box. With the layout I am about to show you, I was making a pool layout and needed splashes. Looking through all the A2Z ones I found what I was looking for in a stencil that has nothing to do with pools....


Can you guess which stencil the splashes are from???

It is......


By just using a section of the stencil and flipping it over to use the same section but get a mirror effect, I have the perfect splashes without having to buy another stencil (leaving me with more to spend on chipboard lol)

Here are some close ups:


I used texture paste, glimmer mist and Flourish With A Bling to give the splashes some depth


The splash on the other side


The title is an A2Z scraplet, painted and then micro beads glued on where the splashes are. I also used the stencil just above the title.

And there you go, I hope this makes you look at your stencils slightly differently. If you don't have any head HERE for the full range.

Also don't forget to enter our challenge, a fab scraplet prize is up for grabs

Thanks for looking

Belinda :)

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous Belinda, has the winner for April been announced yet or did I miss it?

    ReplyDelete