Saturday, June 22, 2013

At the Park

Hi there fellow crafters, hope you have all been having heaps of crafty fun.  Today I am sharing with you a layout of my little girl and her best friend.  Like most kids, my children love going to the park, A2Z have some amazing scraplets that are perfect for "Park" layouts.  I have chosen to use "At the Park"


My favourite thing about using Chipboard on a Layout is all the different things that you are able to do with them.  I had fun with this Chippy.


I have coated it in Gesso first and then once dry I have coloured it in using Gelly Roll pens.  I have fallen in love with these pens, they are really sparkly and I love that.  I did not have a brown in the pen for the tree trunk so I have used a cats eye ink pad to colour it in.  Before colouring it though I used my Prima distress tool and distressed the tree trunk a little just for a bit of added interest.  I have then given the whole Chippy a coat of glossy accents.


This is a close up of the tree.  You can see that sparkles in the green part, and can see a bit of the distressing in the trunk.

The layout itself I have kept pretty simple.  I have used a Kraft background, which is something I haven't really worked with very much so I am still a little unsure about it. I wanted the chipboard to be the stand out on this layout so have kept embellishments fairly limited as well.


That is my share for now.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have enjoyed my post.  Have a great weekend :)

Sam



No comments:

Post a Comment