Saturday, June 1, 2013

June Challenge

Hello all you creatively inspired peeps we have hit the middle of the year … and the 1st of June is the first day of Winter here in Oz. I have been left in charge to create the challenge for June and to celebrate the cooler weather I thought it would be a great idea to start scrapping your winter pictures that you have sitting in your photo piles unsure of what to do with them.

Here is what I have created 

Now for a fresh bit of inspiration you will need to make sure that your layout has these things for the challenge: 
At least 2 Winter pictures on your page
A2Z Scraplet
Texture paste
A hint of red
And some recycled aluminium

 I have used the Scraplet Capture the Moment and filled in the star with texture paste

 The first of my recycled aluminium embellishments - super easy to make 
I have used an aluminium can which I ran through my sizzix embossing folder then cut each piece out. I have then added a little alcohol ink over it and rubbed it off on some of them and others 
I left the rich dark beautiful fullness of  color.





Have fun creating – there are so many fabulous Scraplets and masks available to use – we can’t wait to see what you come up with. Don't forget there is a prize of some awesome Scraplets up for grabs.

P.S - you can think outside the box too for your winter snaps... you might have yourself all rugged up enjoying a nice cuppa with your slippers on... or the kids under their blankets all snuggly warm... everywhere around us there are fabulous photo opportunities... go out there and make sure you take them for your future pages.

ciao
Tracey

6 comments:

  1. Well the aluminium is certainly challenging. As for 2 pics well is it ok to use the same pic 2x ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how now completed and uploaded. awesome challenge, thanks Tracey and the A2Z Scraplets team

      Delete
  2. Hi Marie. That's totally fine - 2 photos is 2 photos - be it the same or not ... Can't wait to see your entry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous LO!
    Love the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops I'm about to finish my layout and thought it was just to be about Winter but luckily I have some texture paste but am missing other elements. I think I'll still enter it tomorrow when I get back home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just submitted my layout, I'm sure I'd read somewhere the challenge was winter and I had just completed this page when I saw requirements of two photos. I'm hoping my tree can count in place of a photo and I had to exchange red for orange as it was the colour on our coats.

    ReplyDelete