Monday, April 14, 2014

Bon Voyage! By the time you read this I hope to be relaxing with my feet up. Although I am getting in early on my travel pages for our holiday. A few years ago we decided to take the kids on a 'once in a lifetime' holiday. To date we haven't had more than a few days away at a time so plans were put into place, funds saved and the day has finally come. You can expect more pages of our experiences over the coming months but here is the first taste of what we're looking forward to - some rest :)


So for a tropical layout I've cut the first two words off the title and used a multicolored ink pad to color the Scraplet "You are a dream come true" and inked and heat embossed both this and the "Palm tree."



My next layout is of a dear friend and I one night at a Jazz concert where we met the lovely Lisa Williams who was performing. I've used a couple of the new Scraplets here - "Shabby Circles" and "Love This Life word set". Just using one of the circle pieces and the word love from the set. The Scraplets were again inked but then finished with a mist of gold shimmer Glimmermist.



My final page is of my two gorgeous grad-daughters. The photo is framed with a Scraplet frame which has been given dimension and texture with impasto. A couple of Scraplet flourishes have been finished the same way and tucked in under the flowers and bow.


The title was colored white and misted with a pearl glimmermist, leaving the heart in the centre to be colored to match the page and given a coat of sparkle dimensional magic.


A close up of the impasto finish on the frame.






Until next time, Happy Scrapping
*Deb*

No comments:

Post a Comment