Sunday, November 16, 2014

Christmas is on it's way!

Hi Deb here today. OMG it's getting close to Christmas again. Where did the last year go??? This sudden startling realization lead me to dig out a photo of the first tree we put up in our new home. With kids and fur babies about it pays to keep the decorations simple and/or out of reach! 

I have used a couple of the new chipboards from A2Z Scraplets's November release, 'Trimming the Tree GR' and 'Geo Trees'


Trimming the tree is very simply painted with an Adirondack paint dabber. Love these, so easy and so little mess to clean up. I've then just given it a covering of dimensional magic to for a bit of 3D and gloss. This is a really great medium for chipboard as you can add bits and bobs to it - glitter, beads, small metal pieces, whatever will fit will stick.


One the trees I have tried something a bit different. Puffy fabric paint and glitter. I applied a thick layer of paint then sprinkled glitter randomly over it. Not covering it completely to allow the paint itself to puff through. Being impatient I didn't bother to let it dry properly before I heated it gently, carefully controlling the 'puff' as I did. I love the effect if has given on the trees.


Materials used: 
Bella papers
A2Z Scraplets
Little Birdie Burlap Doily
Christmas Paper clip

The next page uses one of the Christmas page frames. These are a quick and simple way of putting a page together when you have a few to do.

With this one I have left unaltered and simply written the journalling around the edges. 


Materials used:
Cardstock
A2Z Scraplets


Until Next Time, 
Happy Scrapping
Deb



No comments:

Post a Comment