Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Cards from the Craft Room

Hi, Lauren here with my first share for you.   Hope you are keeping warm on the eastern half of Australia with the temperatures taking a dip again after that fantastic snow in Tasmania.

So I have made you a couple of cards.



 
 
Love this style of card, with loads of texture in a 5"x 5" card, not too big, but loads of room to add all the lovely details and elements.  I have used two chippies from the wonderful range of A2Z Scraplets, the one at the top would be my all time favourite (but they all get a chance to be my favourite) Swirly Corners Medium and comes in a set of two.  The wonderful Congratulations at the bottom is just that, a script word for cards and layouts.
 


 
My background is texture paste on Memory Box Texture Honey Comb designer Stencil (88521), and when dry the background was sprayed with Ranger Pearl Mist Cappucino.  I have coated the chippie with Gesso and then painted with Ranger Distress Paint Victorian Velvet.  Embossed parts with  Stampendous Aged Bronze, then sprayed over with the Cappucino and re-heated as I love how the painted areas bubble and fizz just like the aged embossing powder does.
 

 
Yes I love to make flowers and the two larger ones on this card are made with Memory Box Fabulous Phlox (98511)

 
I love the richness of many textures and layering.  The butterfly is Memory Box Isabella and Pippi dies, such a lovely small butterfly. 

 
Another full picture of the card to show the almost dandelion look of the Memory Box Chandra Stem (99090) to which I have added different size pearls.

 
A close up of the Chipboard Swirl and the richness of the Stampendous Aged Embossing Powders.
 
 

So I made another card to share with you, not as much work involed in this one, but still very pretty (yes I have to admit I love pretty).


 
A Wedding Shower card, with lacy borders, pearls, ruffled ribbon (tutorial at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wocnUTILmk and a lovely bow, all in tones of cream, gold and a touch of pink.
 
 
I have used a medium out of Umbrellas Set of 5 shapes (found at this link http://www.a2zscraplets.com.au/umbrellas_set_of_5_shapes.html  Started with Gesso, then embossed with Stampendous Shabby Rose Embossing Powder fairly thickly and while molten I have stamped a script stamp into it with StazOn ink and then reheated to get a marble effect.
 
 
 
Butterfly is Memory Box Isabella and Pippi
 
 
Thanks for stopping by and reading. I hope you are staying warm and getting lots of papercrafting done.
 
 
 

 

5 comments:

  1. Love your two cards Lauren - you've made the chipboard look so lovely with the Stampendous enamel (love that marbelling too!)
    Looking forward to your next project!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alison xxxx I am up on this blog 1st and 3rd Wednesdays and will put things on my own blog too and today I posted on my old Blogger account too. xx

      Delete
  2. love the marbled effect Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Lauren, love those powders!

    ReplyDelete