Saturday, September 24, 2016

A perfect day by Judith Armstrong

Hi and welcome to the weekend and my last share for this month. Today I have a heritage page to share. I am a very keen family historian and I have lots of old family photos. It's one of the reasons I got into scrapbooking. This layout features the wedding of my great aunt back in the 1930s.



Lots of times we tend to put photos under frames but this time I decided to put my photo over the corner of the rose thorny wreath frame . I also used the distressed diamonds stencil with some texture paste behind the frame. 

Here are some close ups


I painted the chipboard with gesso and then coloured with gelatos which I then spread over the chipboard with baby wipes.


As the patterned paper was quite busy I kept the extra embellishments to a minimum just adding some flowers which matched the paper, a doily and some muslin.


Thanks for looking

Judith




1 comment:

  1. I love vintage style and this is beautiful. Really love the colours you have used
    Mary

    ReplyDelete