Monday, March 20, 2017

LOVE THIS

Hello Mary here to share a layout using the fabulous A2Z Scraplets Chipboard

Love This


I have always loved this photo of my two boys when they were little , so the "Love This" chipboard piece is perfect for my title.


I have used the method of transferring Serviette tissue onto my layouts before, but never onto chipboard. I thought I would give it a try and I am pleased with the result. To create this I simply separated the layers of the serviette until I was left with the top layer. I then tore the serviette into pieces to have the colour and pattern I wanted to add onto my chipboard. I layered them onto the chipboard piece and adhered with modge podge , which acts as a glue and seals the serviette. I used a paint brush to do this and also to smooth around and over the edges. When it had dried I traced around the edge with a white gel pen to define the word.
To add a bit more interest to my page I added the Circle Hash Texture Shape . I  roughly covered this with Gesso , then I embossed in places with gold embossing powder, but leaving some areas . I painted the areas that were not embossed with twinlings H20's teal Zircon. Other areas I left just a touch of gesso showing.
I hope I have encouraged you to experiment with your chipboard pieces . There are no mistakes, only discoveries .
Until next time , happy creating
Mary x


No comments:

Post a Comment