Saturday, August 5, 2017

Meow - August A2Z Scraplets Papercraft Challenge sample by Judith Armstrong


Good morning, welcome to the weekend. As you read this I will be jetting off to Singapore for the week. Don't you just love advance scheduling!

Today I am sharing my take on the August A2Z Scraplets Papercraft Challenge which was to create a project using a new technique or a technique you have not used for a long time, or use a new product. 

Here is my sample


The new technique (to me) that I used was gilding flakes. I bought some at a craft show a couple of years ago and have never used them. Unfortunately they were the wrong colour for this layout but I found some at a local $2 shop that were silver so decided to give them a go.

I used the A2Z Scraplets Meow title. When I bought my original gilding flakes I also bought some special flake and glitter glue. I think you just need glue that stays tacky for a while. I covered my chipboard in glue and then covered it with the flakes. I patted them down and then used a firm foam pad to brush the excess flakes off.

 I also used this technique on the A2Z Scraplets Circles Texture Medium Shape.


If you don't have or can't find any special glue the technique works just as well with double sided tape or jac paper. I die cut these chevrons from jac paper and stuck them on my page and then added the flakes and then brushed off the excess. 


Don't forget if you are struggling for inspiration you can also use the sketch provided for this months challenge. It is only optional.


Completed entries are in the running to win a $30 voucher for some A2Z Scraplets goodies and can be uploaded to the special A2Z Scraplets Papercraft Challenge Facebook page here

Thanks for looking and hope to see lots of entries this month.

Judith xx





No comments:

Post a Comment