Monday, June 25, 2018

Amazing Scenery - by Brenda Caldow

Hello crafty friends and welcome to A2Z Scraplets. Brenda here with you today to share my layout I have created using two fantastic chippies.


The country photo I chose is from Corindhap near where I used to live. It is of some very old sheds and a storm passing through the area.
 


For my title I chose to leave it natural. I think it goes well with the colours I have chosen and I always need to remember they can stay in their raw form. I have a tenancy to always do something with them but there are times where I just need to say no, like they are is perfect and this is one of them.
  

For the frame I thought it looked really different things from the farm so I wanted to make it look real rustic looking. I first used an Acrylic paint and painted it brown.
Once this was dry I then applied some glue from my glue stick here and there over it. I then sprinkled over that with Tim Holtz  Distress Powder - Vintage Photo. I really does create that weather-worn look, very rustic. (Just like the sheds) I then tapped off the excess and it was time to heat with the heat gun. It isn't like embossing powder so yu must make sure not to overheat it and you will end up with a burnt look instead of what the powder should really look like.



I hope you have enjoyed seeing my latest creation. Don't forget there is still time to join us on Facebook for this months challenge, you could be our lucky winner.
Please also keep scrolling down as there are many other wonderful designs and inspiration 
from the design team. 
Happy Crafting xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment