Monday, August 27, 2018

Life Is A Journer - Canvas by Brenda Caldow

Hello crafty friends and welcome to the A2Z Scraplets Blog. Today I would like to share a canvas I have created using three chippies.


To start my canvas I first painted it with Black GessoOnce it was dry I then used Modeling Paste with a Diamond Stencil. Once it was where I wanted it I then dried it with a heat gun.
 
 
Then I picked my chipboard and placed them in the positions I wanted except for the feather. 
Once glued where I wanted them I then Black Gesso everything again. When I dried it with the heat gun this time I made sure I used some extra heat where the stencil was to allow it to bubble up.



 

Once this was done it was time to colour things.  To do this I chose to use my new Prima Colour Waxes. I used a mix of colours and a dry brush to do them. I applied it to the texture paste diamonds and also the chipboard.






Once this was done it time to distress my photo and mount it. I chose a purple colour to match in with the waxes. I then put it where I wanted on my canvas. I then placed on some Little Birdie paper flowers at two corners of my photo. 



The next and final step was to colour my feather dangle. For this I chose to use DecoArt Metallic Lustre and Prima Sparks Acrylic paint. For this I applied it with a pint brush. Once this was done itt was time to place it on my canvas.






As you can see by the next closeups to follow my canvas was finished. 




I hope you have enjoyed popping in to see my latest creation. Please keep scrolling to see what the rest of the team have been up to and don't forget to hop on over to our facebook page and join in with our challenge this month.
Happy Crafting xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment