Friday, May 16, 2014

Using the old and new Scraplets

Hi Deb here today with a few pages I've done lately.

This first one is a photo I love and the Scraplet suits the thoughts at the time. My son desperately wanted to be a farmer from the day he understood having a job. I've let the photo be the central focus and tied the color of the Scraplet in by simply painting it with a dabber paint. I find these the easiest, quickest and best finish on chipboard.



The next page is from  our recent holiday. Most of the family were keen to have a go at pretty much anything. We'd seen the cooked bugs and were interested to try them out. Our son, aged 9 being the most keen! Actually they aren't too bad. Sort of like eating nuts or chips - no great flavor apart from the lime and salt - all texture and texture it was. 


The title "Bugs" was painted with a mix of colors tying in with the color palette of the page and then finished off with my very favorite finish - Rock Candy Crackle Paint. 


Whilst I've been designing the new Scraplets I'm coming up with some new products and over the coming months you'll see texture pieces coming. Pieces of finer chipboard that can be pulled apart and added as extra dimension. Below I've used a piece of chicken wire that is malleable enough to age or distress it. It was finished off with the same palette of paints, randomly dabbed over it. 


The Scraplet word awesome and moments were inked with metallic copper and added to the page.


My last share for the day uses a new Scraplet - Circle of Stars Frame. We've created quite a range of new frames similar to this - fairies, butterflies, hearts .............. something for any occasion. I love the excitement of the first catch in this photo.


All these and many more Scraplets are available from retailers around the country.  Check out our facebook page and website for more information http://www.a2zscraplets.com.au/retailers.php

Thanks for popping in and remember, A2Z Scraplets run a monthly challenge on the blog. We will be giving away a parcel of Scraplets and a Guest designer position. 

Happy Scrapping *Deb*

No comments:

Post a Comment