Saturday, June 7, 2014

I really need to be locked away when the mojo is not flowing. It must be time for another getaway with the girls. You must know the feeling - when you just can't seem to find the right pic for the paper and vice versa and when you start putting it all together it just does not seem to go. Then you decide you will plod along and hope that it will turn out good enough to go in the album. Well that was my night when I created the 'blowing out the candles layout'

I had a great piece of Kraft cardstock that I pre - prepared... i did a reverse stencil on it and loved how it took on the look of a Gelli plate image... the next bit of is really just a blur... bang the photo was found and layers just seemed to appear on the page with more spots of ink and paint.... I'm still on the fence with this one but it is done now - it tells the story it is meant to -- my daughters birthday and her blowing out candles... I have even been able to cover the bits she did not want to show... its a win win ... well I am ticking it off as a win.  ;)


I have used the Love Polaroid Set - the Love frame with the two big hearts. I have cut the hearts out and painted them red and reattched them to the outside of the frame - layering them just under the outside as they now have flat edges.

I have also used the Month Arrows set - the month may was painted white and then i have used Barn door distress stain and adhered it to the top of the Love polaroid frame which was also painted with the same stain.


I hope you have a fun weekend ... I am hoping to get a little more than one layout done myself - i just need to send out a notice to tell my creative mojo to hurry back as my stock of photos and scraplets need to be used.

happy scrapping
tracey 



No comments:

Post a Comment