Monday, March 9, 2015

Boys will be boys

Good morning!

If you're anything like me you may find it difficult to scrap boys.  Girls are soooo easy - add some flowers, tizzy the page up and there you have it.  Boys on the other hand……
Well, I have a boys layout for you using more than 1 photo!!  It is a fun, easy layout that incorporates some texture paste and gelatos!!



Close up of the Boys will be Boys chipboard…


This title was simply spritzed a few times with Heidi Swapp  Navy Colour Shine.  Too easy!!


For my second layout, I was inspired by the colours in our mood board challenge.  I was very attracted to the yellow - its such a happy colour!




Here's a closeup of the title - "Close to my Heart"


To achieve the look I have on the title, I coated the chippie with gesso, then inked the edges (as best I could) with black ink.  I then generously coated it all with Crackle Accents and left it overnight to dry.  The thicker the coat of crackle accents the better the effect.  When I came back in the morning it had crackled beautifully, so I then swiped it over with some yellow ink and rubbed it into the cracks while at the same time rubbing off the excess.  I love this effect and must give credit to Tina Ollett for teaching me this technique.



I hope you are inspired to try something new - be it gelatos or crackling your chipboard pieces.  Don't forget about our mood board challenge!

Until next time, happy scrapping.
Yvette x




4 comments:

  1. Wow Yvette! I love both of your creations! The Boys layout looks amazing, I can't wait to give this a try. And your challenge layout - GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete