Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Everyday Occasion Cards

Hello Everybody,

Yes you have Lauren and Teddy up on the site again this week.  How lucky are you to get me two weeks in a row.  Teddy knows it is so hard for you to be without us for three weeks, so we did an extra one last week... Oh my we are so good to you :)


 
 
I love the simplicity of this card, it is a 5"x5" base with red Christmas Paper attached.  Then I have die cut a 5"x5" panel with the Poppy Stamps Die Merry Christmas Background Style 1065.  I have positioned the die to the left of the panel, so that there is a border on the right.
 
The wonderful A2Z Chipboard HOHOHO is embossed with Stampendous Aged Scarlet Embossing Powder.  I must learn to go the longest direction as I sprinkle as there are so many wonderful elements in it that some get missed when I go side to side the narrow way.  Still looks great though.
 
 
 
 
Just a close up of the embossing and different it can be over a large area.  More practice I feel will make me happier with my results, although I am pretty happy anyway, love these embossing powders, is like fine through to Ultra Thick powder all in the one bottle, with different colours of powder and glitters as well.  It is fantastic.
 
 


 
Oh and a lovely thank you card with the brand new (to me) Poppy Stamps Die Fancy Thanks.  Love that scripty writing.  The base of the card front and the base are both  die cut with a piece from the  Memory Box Dies Distressed Addington Collage, giving that lovely swirly effect.  The beautiful butterflies on the vine is a Memory Box Die Waltzing Butterflies and the extra foliage is from Memory Box Die Botanical Stem.
 

 
 
A close up of that lovely scripty Thanks and the flower made with Memory Box Die Petal Party, because you know how much I love making my own flowers and they are so easy when you just have to crease the petals a little to give some shape.
 
Hope you like these two offerings, hope you get some ideas or some inspiration from seeing them.
 
Thanks for looking, Lauren xx
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment