Thursday, January 7, 2016

Karyn's Favourites from 2015!

Happy new year A2Zers! 


I hope the new year brings you much happiness and lots of time with the ones you love.I've chosen 3 of my favourite layouts from 2015, I hope they inspire you to create your own masterpieces in 2016!

First up, is my Superstar layout using the Shabby circle and Superstar scraplets. This layout was picked up for publication in the Scrapbooking Memories magazine, woohoo!


The Shabby Circle scraplet has been covered with paper and then Diamond Dust over the top. The Superstar scraplet was embossed with Stampendous White Shabby Embossing Enamel.


***

Second is my Beauty layout, including a tutorial. I used a bunch of charms and this funky Flourish scraplet and lots and lots of Gesso! Click here for the full tutorial.



***

As some of you may already know, I lost my husband in a tragic motorcycle accident in August. Out of every layout I've ever created, this was John's favourite. The photo is of him (left) and his cousin Darryl. They've always been more like brothers than cousins, they had a very special bond. 


The Awesome chippy from the A2Z Scraplets Awesome Fabulous set has been coloured in with a burnt orange pen on the top half and a black Sharpie on the bottom half. Then the whole thing was coated in Dimensional Magic and outlined with a black gel pen. It's given a very cool effect.



This gorgeous A2Z Scraplets Industrial Large Corner chippy was spritzed in Kaisercraft's new Charcoal Mist with the Peach mist spritzed over the top. These mists are fantastic. Full of colour as well as some glimmer.
To get the effect around the photo, I just scribbled with a white gel pen all the way around, I love how it turned out!





So, there you have it! My 3 favourites from 2015. Now go get your craft on and show us what you create on our facebook page here.


Until next time, keep calm and craft on!

Karyn



No comments:

Post a Comment