Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Wake your dreams

Goals to be set

It's a truly amazing thing greeting in the New Year. We get to start it afresh with a whole new outlook and a new list of goals to strive towards. My list this year is long and I hope to cross off at least two of the things on it - no need to set the bar too high as I love surprises.

Unfortunately I have not been creating as much as I would of late although the mess in my craft room would tell a lie... So January is going to be the time for a summer clean up and clean out to get my creative energy all balanced again and ready to scrap all the photos I have been taking over the summer holidays.

As I started to clean up I found this little gem hiding on top of my paper stash - I had put it there to dry... oops - I used a new Scraplet that I had designed at the end of 2013 called wake your dreams and it fits this picture perfectly.

I am a believer in waste not want not... so believe it or not this page started off as a green piece of cardstock - it was given a quick coat of gesso and after that had dried I used a mask with modelling paste and paint mixed in - i have smudged off the edges and waited for the whole thing to dry.

Another thing about me is that I love to make my own embellishments - so while this was drying I got busy making the little bird embellishment and the paper flowers and the pink chiffon flower.... 



When the cardstock was dry I found some muslin and sewed it on to the background and found a few doilies to help add to the softness of my 'girlie' layout... It was all topped off with some awesome pink washi tape... 

I left the Scraplet white - it was painted with gesso and then have taped it on with some washi tape - and a little glue 



have fun creating your creative to do lists for the year 

tracey
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment